Soccer coaching forum

And-Again Has Moved! 

And-Again has moved to a new site located at www.And-AgainSoccer.com.  The new site is online and ready for use.  


EXISITNG USERS, YOUR ID HAS BEEN MIGRATED TO THE NEW SITE. Before you can use your account on the new site you will need to rest your password. You can reset your password at www.And-AgainSoccer.com. If you have any issues or do not receive an email update, please let us know by using the contact us form on the new site

and-again soccer forum
 |   |   |  Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
Oldtimer

Registered:
Posts: 3,246
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji
 Reliant Robin 


It's an Austin Allegro.

__________________
"Winning is important. The lessons learned by winning and losing in sports last a lifetime. However, the goal of every youth coach should be to help young soccer players understand and enjoy the process of participation and to teach the skill necessary to succeed. When the pressure to win begins too early, the passion and the love for the game can be lost." - Jay Martin, editor, NSCAA Soccer Journal
Vin

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #22 
Here is the latest rendition, ignore the topics etc, it still needs to be customized for And-Again.  Next steps include adding a logo at the top left and im thinking of adding some of the club logos at the top from left to right.  

Also adding in a one click option that will bring you right to the section you want, for example coaches corner.  Click on the that and it will be similar to the And-Again layout.

  index3x copy.png 

Oldtimer

Registered:
Posts: 3,246
Reply with quote  #23 
Big Soccer wannabe.  WAY too much.  Wrong direction.
__________________
"Winning is important. The lessons learned by winning and losing in sports last a lifetime. However, the goal of every youth coach should be to help young soccer players understand and enjoy the process of participation and to teach the skill necessary to succeed. When the pressure to win begins too early, the passion and the love for the game can be lost." - Jay Martin, editor, NSCAA Soccer Journal
Vin

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer
Big Soccer wannabe.  WAY too much.  Wrong direction.


Oldtimer, we're creating categories to help organize the information.  Right now all those topics are already being discussed on this site, its all meshed in together with the coaching topics. 

Separating the information into categories will make the information easier to find, say you only want coaching, you have the option to click on coaching corner and you will see the coaching posts.  If you want to discuss HS soccer, click on HS soccer or anything else you wish to discuss. 

I had an idea, we can move the coaches corner to the far left, at that point its a one click into the coaching forum.  You can even bookmark the coaching forum and that will become your start page when login to And-Again.

 



Goal150

Registered:
Posts: 3,102
Reply with quote  #25 
Coaching is coaching and while it makes it easier to find stuff, there's a greater risk of missing the serendipitous stuff. One of my most valuable insights is the ability to look back on my experiences from U6 through U18. 

Being able to see how a U15 is deficient from what they missed at U6 is valuable and it's the same with our discussions here. 

Plus, the dwindling activity, if a HS coach is looking and his area is dead while youth soccer is vibrant he may not stick around. While he can't contribute to his area of expertise we miss out on him being able to contribute to other age groups. 
Goal150

Registered:
Posts: 3,102
Reply with quote  #26 
If I may, and sorry if this has been covered, can we add the ability for users to add tags to each thread. like "high school" "positional" "first touch" and users can sort via tags?
Vin

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal150
Coaching is coaching and while it makes it easier to find stuff, there's a greater risk of missing the serendipitous stuff. One of my most valuable insights is the ability to look back on my experiences from U6 through U18. 

Being able to see how a U15 is deficient from what they missed at U6 is valuable and it's the same with our discussions here. 

Plus, the dwindling activity, if a HS coach is looking and his area is dead while youth soccer is vibrant he may not stick around. While he can't contribute to his area of expertise we miss out on him being able to contribute to other age groups. 


I don't plan on separating coaching into different age groups, like you said coaching is coaching.  The coaching forum will look something like this: 

Top level Forums: 

Recommended  Training Material
Suggest books, articles, and videos to help develop the complete coaching tool belt



Coaching Corner
Discuss anything related to soccer coaching, training ideas, team performance, individual development etc


Coach Licensing 
Discuss training options for coaching certificates and licensing


Optional category will be the "archive", not sure if we will have it as a separate category as it currently stands or include everything within the other top level categories. 

 





Vin

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal150
If I may, and sorry if this has been covered, can we add the ability for users to add tags to each thread. like "high school" "positional" "first touch" and users can sort via tags?


I believe so, let me double check with the site designer. 


coachkev

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 14,632
Reply with quote  #29 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer
Big Soccer wannabe.  WAY too much.  Wrong direction.


Oldtimer, we're creating categories to help organize the information.  Right now all those topics are already being discussed on this site, its all meshed in together with the coaching topics. 

Separating the information into categories will make the information easier to find, say you only want coaching, you have the option to click on coaching corner and you will see the coaching posts.  If you want to discuss HS soccer, click on HS soccer or anything else you wish to discuss. 

I had an idea, we can move the coaches corner to the far left, at that point its a one click into the coaching forum.  You can even bookmark the coaching forum and that will become your start page when login to And-Again.

 



Missing the point here I feel.
The more catergories, the less traffic. Would you rather join a party where everyone is there or stumble in on one that has 3 nerds and a total ban on alcohol and loud noise????

Invite everyone in and the traffic increases.Divide and you lose traffic

Vin

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:

Missing the point here I feel.
The more catergories, the less traffic. Would you rather join a party where everyone is there or stumble in on one that has 3 nerds and a total ban on alcohol and loud noise????

Invite everyone in and the traffic increases.Divide and you lose traffic



That's the million dollar question, as the site sits today its one giant category. The reality is, the site stats indicate unique visits are dropping off month after month, new user registration is also at a low point, and posting of new topics has also dropped off.  

When I first found this site I was utilizing it for coaching advice, over time I developed a passion for the material and the users of this forum.  Now as the owner of the site my goal is to keep it up and running so that coaches and other members of the soccer community can get credible help.  We have a lot of experts and talented people on this site, however, if no one can find us, we can't help as much as I know everyone wants to.  
 
I am also the owner of USA Soccer Forum, my initial thought was to combine with USA Soccer Forum to help drive more traffic to both sites and upgrade the software.  As you know I was going to keep the USA Soccer Forum name however, after discussion with the group I decided it was best to keep the And-Again name.  So now my challenge is, how to we breathe new life into both sites.  

First thing we need to upgrade the website and forum software to current standards.  The current platform is dying and to prevent that from happening, changes are needed.  I know no one likes change however, change is needed to better both sites and bring in fresh content and contributors.  A new site and flexible platform will help attract new users etc.  

The purpose of this thread is to ask for your input, I'm not trying to be the bad guy here with all these changes.  In reality I'm trying to make things work for everyone, the facts are that without changes ultimately we will not have a site.

I hope the new site will accommodate most of our needs over time, and, with any website, it will continue to evolve and change.

 



coachkev

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 14,632
Reply with quote  #31 

Vin,
You put up a good argument.
Let us know the procedure and time frame to move etc....I'll get my coat!!! [biggrin]

The best analogy I can give it is buying a new computer and saying goodbye to the old one - you migrate most of what you had but understand that it will be different right away, with some added bonuses.

Vin

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkev

Vin,
You put up a good argument.
Let us know the procedure and time frame to move etc....I'll get my coat!!! [biggrin]

The best analogy I can give it is buying a new computer and saying goodbye to the old one - you migrate most of what you had but understand that it will be different right away, with some added bonuses.



Yes that's a perfect analogy and good way of thinking about it, thanks for posting it [thumb]
Oldtimer

Registered:
Posts: 3,246
Reply with quote  #33 
Design 1 in post 1.  Add new-and-different features (e.g. articles, blogs, polls) as in the header.  Keep the single large-bag forum as is; it differentiates the site from the BigSoccers of the world.  Add a tagging feature for new topics and, if possible, set it up so that topic starters (members) can go back and tag any of theirs in the archives they'd like to do.  (I'd do it for at least some of my 332.)

BTW archives are biggest asset.

__________________
"Winning is important. The lessons learned by winning and losing in sports last a lifetime. However, the goal of every youth coach should be to help young soccer players understand and enjoy the process of participation and to teach the skill necessary to succeed. When the pressure to win begins too early, the passion and the love for the game can be lost." - Jay Martin, editor, NSCAA Soccer Journal
Vin

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #34 
I forgot to mention a feature for those of you that like the "one bag" forum layout, you can select latest posts to see all new posts regardless of where the got posted, and, you can also create subscriptions so you can customize what you see and when you see it.  Pretty much you can select what you want to see and what you don't want to see.  

We will have a sample site to test and get our hands dirty with before we go live, hopefully we can have that up and running within a week or so. 


Vin

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer
Design 1 in post 1.  Add new-and-different features (e.g. articles, blogs, polls) as in the header.  Keep the single large-bag forum as is; it differentiates the site from the BigSoccers of the world.  Add a tagging feature for new topics and, if possible, set it up so that topic starters (members) can go back and tag any of theirs in the archives they'd like to do.  (I'd do it for at least some of my 332.)

BTW archives are biggest asset.


I am going to publish both versions, the first one and the very last, then we can get more feedback once we have something to actually get our hands on.  

Good feedback [thumb]
Vin

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #36 
Latest rendition with different background for contrast, also added a place holder for the site logo.  

index3x copy.png 

coachkev

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 14,632
Reply with quote  #37 

Vin, what you have to appreciate is that this appears for some of us like an Apple launch for a 'NEW' iPhone 14 JUST when you got used to iPhone 4!!

Okay, I've voiced my concerns and you've ticked all the boxes.
For me, I am going to DO what I say to players and that is "Embrace whatever the future holds"

The child has grown up and doesnt need to have its hand held to move forward.


 

Vin

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkev

Vin, what you have to appreciate is that this appears for some of us like an Apple launch for a 'NEW' iPhone 14 JUST when you got used to iPhone 4!!

Okay, I've voiced my concerns and you've ticked all the boxes.
For me, I am going to DO what I say to players and that is "Embrace whatever the future holds"

The child has grown up and doesnt need to have its hand held to move forward.


 



Coachkev ill do my best to make the transition as smooth as possible, thank you for being flexible and giving it a shot.  


Adam32m

Registered:
Posts: 1,506
Reply with quote  #39 
I like the layout, but I think it would look better if the blues were darker. Or, the blue text darker than the blue boxes at the top.
Vin

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam32m
I like the layout, but I think it would look better if the blues were darker. Or, the blue text darker than the blue boxes at the top.


Noted, I will make the changes and see what it looks like.  The text color is easy to change.

Thanks 



Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

COPYRIGHT @ 2004 - 2016 AND-AGAIN, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED